Thursday, October 11, 2018

Concept for Drawing on Objects project

The object that will be the base of this project is a globe, perhaps one foot in diameter, mounted on a stand.  My mark on it will be the application of an Equirectangular panorama, that is, a panorama which takes in all angles of a scene, along the horizon as well as directly up and directly down.

Below are shown two examples, one inside a cathedral and another outside overlooking a body of water.
 In my application, the equator of the globe would be the horizon line, the north pole would be the zenith of the sky, and the south pole would be nadir of the ground.

Grid for an Equirectangular panorama.  

PanoramaSphere, from a page on Google Maps Platform about the Street View Service


This is something I've done before, in my painting class, wherein I painted two globes this way.  One depicted a setting from the Wahweap formation (Utah and Arizona, Late Cretaceous) and the other depicted one from the Harudi formation (Gujarat, India, Middle Eocene)


Harudi Formation


Wahweap Formation
For this project, however, I'm not sure what setting I want to depict, except that it should be prehistoric. Where the scenes I painted before had a vantage point high above the ground, for this one I'd like to set it in a more human-height perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment